Sunday, September 23, 2007

Nadia Busi (1968-2007)

During the excursion for CONCUR 2007, while visiting the ArrĂ¡bida Convent, we were hit by the sad news that our colleague and friend Nadia Busi had suddenly passed away the night before. A paper having Nadia as one of the authors had been presented at the conference just before we set off for the excursion.

Our community has lost a very active and creative researcher, a woman who could be an example for others to follow and, above all, a very kind human being.

An obituary for Nadia, written by Roberto Gorrieri, will appear in the October issue of the BEATCS. You can read it here.

"We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep."
(Shakespeare, "The Tempest")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was a great researcher AND a great teacher. I am one of her students.

Goodbye Nadia.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that:(
The day before yesterday, I found a presentation titled "Process algebras, bisimulation (and logics)" written by Nadia, it is a very excellent prentation. So I tried to send her a mail to request for some more papers about Process Algebra.
But everytime I tried to send the mail, a answer mail arrived immediately, which tell me that the mailbox have been removed. I thought maybe she have change the mailbox.
Today when I searched her name through google, I found "Nadia Busi (1968-2007)" and this bad message.
God rest her soul.

youth searcher said...

Now ... all what I hope is if I had contacted her before ...